At LBS, we are committed to reducing the impact of our activities on the environment and preventing pollution. To achieve this commitment, we will:
- Set measurable targets for reducing waste, increasing recycling rates, reducing energy consumption, and decreasing greenhouse gas emissions. We will regularly review and report on our progress towards these targets.
- Involve stakeholders in the development and implementation of our policy to gain valuable input and support and demonstrate our commitment to transparency and collaboration.
- Adopt a life-cycle approach to reduce our environmental impact. We will assess the environmental impact of our inputs, manufacturing processes, packaging, transportation, and end-of-life disposal or recycling.
- Prioritise sustainable procurement by selecting suppliers based on their environmental performance, such as using renewable energy, reducing waste, or having environmental certifications.
- Integrate environmental management into our business strategy to identify opportunities to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and differentiate our business from competitors.
- Communicate our policy and progress regularly through our website, social media, newsletters, and sustainability reports.
We will also:
- Meet all necessary legislative, compliance, and consent obligations related to our business.
- Keep informed of environmental issues and those of direct relevance to our business.
- Raise awareness among our employees about the effect of their actions on the environment and their responsibility to the environment through communication, discussion, and training.
- Work with clients and suppliers to encourage high environmental standards.
- Have an open dialogue with customers, the public, and other interested parties about relevant environmental impacts.
- Minimize our environmental impact through suitable waste minimization and recycling schemes.
- Manage our building and site in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- Use best environmental practices when planning and developing new and existing operations.
- Continually improve our Environmental Management System to protect the environment and prevent pollution by continually reducing waste, effluent, emissions, noise, and the use of scarce resources, and improving the efficiency of our use of energy, water, and natural resources.
By implementing this policy, we demonstrate our commitment to sustainability and reducing our environmental impact.